Thursday 28 June 2012

BRIGHTON JAPAN FESTIVAL 2012




The Brighton Japan Festival has now sadly ended.
The Natsu Matsuri took place over a week ending Sunday July 1st.
I attended the festival on Saturday which a fantastic sunny day.
Something you'd think necessary for a summer festival but this being
the UK and you know how we British are always obsessed or are
always talking about the weather, the point being it is a rare thing to
see let alone experience pleasant, sunshine in a typical British Summer.
So the sunshine put in a good appearance throughout the entire day
and as for myself, I manned a table at the information desk assisting
some of the girls there dressed in Lolita style welcoming the attendees.
My prime function though was to promote my Japanese Street Style
book. I spent most of the day talking to people of all ages about
the book, Japanese culture and fashion. Many were interested
and much to my surprise, many were already in possession of a
the book.

Later on came an opportunity to say a few words on the many different
style tribes as I was asked by the organisers to introduce the Street
Style Fashion Show.

All in all I had a fun day and I know the near thousand or so people
that came along enjoyed themselves. They certainly looked like they were.

Here are some of the images I shot of the girls involved in the fashion show.
I didn't shoot the show itself as being on stage meant I couldn't get a
prime position to shoot, but I hope you like these images I managed
get. Search the festival site and Facebook for the show images.

Some other images will appear on my flickr page here.

A huge thank you to the organisers for inviting me and to publishers
A&C Black for all their help and assistance they provided.


























 Japanese Street Style published by A&C Black

Also available at Amazon.co.jp

A sample of my book can be viewed here
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the photos Pat!
    I might have to post some on my blog fully credited if you don't mind! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete