Thursday 8 June 2023

JAPANESE FASHION AT KYARY PAMYU PAMYU LONDON 2023 CONCERT

Crazy colourful goings on? No. Well kind of. This is Japanese street fashion,
and individual style displayed by fans of Japanese singer Kiriko Hayama,
better known as Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

I first photographed the beautiful Japanese in Japan back in around 2010,
when she was a fashion model. That image is featured in my book
Japanese Street Style
She is one of Japan’s biggest exports, and is known globally.

I had Kyary in front of me, willing to let me photograph her, still beautiful at 
age 30. But sadly her management team or people did not want some guy,
especially non Japanese to photograph her. 5 seconds was all I needed,
while they took 2 minutes creating excuses. The usual nonsense about 
she has no time, then am I professional? Then it just gets worse.

Wouldn’t this blog post be complete with a photo of the beautiful Kyary?
Sorry folks. The usual only photographed and styled by famous celebrity 
types, and well known. That’s not Pat Lyttle, Hope it never will be.

So what I will do is share with you the images of way cool, stylish young 
people in London, that dress up in various Japanese fashions from its many
street style tribes. All about to see their lovely Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
on her World Tour, in London, at the Earth Hall on June 7th 2023.

I love Japanese street fashion and style. I've been shooting it in Japan,
and outside since 1997. My passion and enthusiasm for street style
will never end.

Check out these cool Japanese fashion looks. 
More images can be found here


Isn't she just amazing. She's actually South Korean and packed full of fun

How about some retro Y2K style unique to Shibuya 
 
More Y2K style with the classic Shibuya based Ganguro look ガングロ




All images featured in this blog belong to and are shot by 
Pat Lyttle  of  JSTREETSTYLE 
   
 These images are copyrighted and belong to Pat Lyttle of JSTREETSTYLE.
You cannot use these images unless permission is given.

No comments:

Post a Comment